RebeccaCROPPED
slide1class="active" /> slide2" /> slide3" /> slide4" alt="slideshow image 4" /> slide5" /> slide6" alt="slide6">" />

Welcome

I'm Rebecca, the girl behind the camera .... thank you for popping by to say hello.


Rebecca Doyle Photography - the art of capturing precious moments in time.......

Let's Do 52 - {11/52} - Back home

This week's theme for the 'Paint the Moon's' Let's Do 52 is Beauty in the everyday details ..... and I must admit, for the first time in this challenge I got a little tripped up for a while. I wanted to use this year long challenge as a push to get me to think outside the square somewhat, and see how I could apply my take on the themes......

But as the week neared an end, my husband arrived home from overseas - the last couple of months he has been away more than he has been home, and my daughter & I have missed him immensly. I woke up one morning, and there it was, his toothbrush back next to mine, right where it belongs. So yes, I have taken a photo of toothbrushes! And I'm not quite sure whether anyone else will want to see our tootbrushes ... but to me, this perfectly summed up the beauty in the everyday details.

52 Week Project Photo Paint the Moon Photoshop Actions PSEand
 then, she {snapped}Sunday Snapshot

11 comments:

Gerty said...

I think this is absolutely cute! I even got my husband to look at your photo and as husbands do, he shook his head. But never mind. I understand the sentiment and he does too but he won't admit it. We women love our men and are happiest when they are together. Ad the toothbrushes are testament that he is back to share the magical mundaneness of everyday. Love it!

Mona's Picturesque said...

Now this reminds me of the moment about seven years ago when I discovered that he had brought his toothbrush to my bathroom... oh, what a wonderful day it was :)

Moments and Impressions said...

i get it... when my husband is over night at the hospital - my tooth brush is so lonely. Getting ready for bed by yourself is no fun.

Kim said...

Love this shot! And I'm sure you are loving having your hubby home :)
(visiting from the simple things)

Gina Kleinworth said...

I adore this capture not only for it's composition- but for all it means!!! LOVELY!

Megan said...

Lovely!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, just WOW! yes I'm wowing at toothbrushes! because of what it means to you. I can just put myself in your shoes... a perfect shot for the theme.

jess@balancing the dream said...

love the shot, love the meaning behind it!! great colors, great composition!! you are so talented!!

Adrienne said...

love the shot. love the sentiment. (just realized I sound just like the above commenter!) but it's true!

L. said...

As a military spouse, I totally get what you mean! I love this shot!

rebecca said...

this is perfectly sweet Rebecca! i can understand the feeling completely and I love your shot! thanks for sharing with us! :) Rebecca

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Buy Rebecca Doyle Photography art