RebeccaCROPPED
slide1class="active" /> slide2" /> slide3" /> slide4" alt="slideshow image 4" /> slide5" /> slide6" alt="slide6">" />

Welcome

I'm Rebecca, the girl behind the camera .... thank you for popping by to say hello.


Rebecca Doyle Photography - the art of capturing precious moments in time.......

Allegedly I may be a little bit lovely ....

What a way to start a cold, wintery day Down Under than by waking up and finding a message from the blogger I most admire, nominating l'il ol me for a One Lovely Blog Award.
And indeed folks, that is how my day started today when the lovely little Texan Amy from love.bug.blog put a huge big smile on my face! Amy approaches life with a wonderful passion and her blog should definitely be listed amongst your favourites ..... go on....... I'll wait while you go and do that ...........
The One Lovely Blog Award is a "pay it forward" kind of way to recognize your favorite blogs.

Here are the rules:

1. Post the award logo on your blog and link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Tell seven things about yourself.
3. Nominate up to 15 additional bloggers who you think deserve the award.
4. Post a comment on the blog of each nominee to tell them him/her they have been nominated.



So here you go, seven things about me.....

1. I have curly hair .... but here's an interesting fact ... it didn't become really curly until I was about 20 years old.


2. You will rarely find me with 'nude' toes ... I love putting nail polish on my toe nails, especially red. I would love to have it on my fingers too - but never seem to manage to find enough time in the day for it to dry. I need to fix that.

3. When I was 13 I was Verdi's opera 'AIDA' ...... not for my voice (oh goodness no) ... but as a tumbling, acrobatic performer.
4. I gave up coffee almost 4 weeks ago, and I do miss it! I haven't had a good few months, health wise, so decided to eliminate some things from my daily diet to see if I could determine some of those things that weren't seeing eye to eye with my stomach.

 I sadly think caffeine may be one of these things, so for the time being, no chocolate or coffee for me. The chocolate I can do without, that doesn't worry me too much ...... but I have an energetic 3 year old..... oh how I miss that afternoon cup of coffee :(

























5. Last month, my husband & I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary!
The day before our wedding, as a matter of accident, we discovered that my wedding band fit perfectly inside his....... and I just love walking around everyday knowing that.
6. I don't think a day goes by that I don't question my parenting skills and if I'm doing the best I can at being Tara's Mummy. Did I yell too much? Did I teach her enough today? Did I encourage her enough to play by herself? What foods did she eat today? What did we talk about? Should I have done less of the household chores and more time running up and down the house pretending to be a horse? How much should I insist that she sit at the dinner table instead of hopping off her chair every 2 1/2 minutes to have a dance?

I know it is thinking these things that will help me and push me to be the best parent I can be, I just wish some days it didn't come with all the worry that I'm not always doing a great job.
But I look at this face, that I love beyond words, and I know I am always going to worry about what is the absolute best for her....
7. After many years of competitive gymnastics, and then coaching, I launched 'Aerial Creations' - which is a clothing & merchandise based business that caters for artistic, rhythmic, tumbling, trampolining, sports acrobatic and cheer gymnasts. I have an array of wonderful customers in Australia, USA and the UK.
And I'd love to nominate the following lovelies, for the One Lovely Blog Award ......
 - Mona of  Mona's Picturesque 
 - Ashley of Ramblings and Photos
 - Sara of Chasing Rainbows
the long road

6 comments:

Mona's Picturesque said...

Rebecca ♥ Thank you so much!!!

Sheri said...

Rebecca, you are such a doll! I was going to hop on your blog this morning and thank you for all of the wonderful comments that you have left in the past couple days on my blog. Now I can thank you for those, and thank you for this bit of sunshine. It's always fun to know that people have actually looked at my blog, and I love finding new blogs to read. You are a person that truly shines! <3

tiarastantrums said...

gorgeous photos - lovely to hear all these nice tidbits about you

Gina Kleinworth said...

What a beautiful post. I so enjoyed getting to know you better. I would love to know what "symptoms" went away or how you felt better after giving up coffee. I have a serious addiction but I have always wondered if some of the things I fight with now are from drinking it so much.

Sarah said...

I am not sure how I missed this until now! thankyou so much, that is so sweet :)

Sara said...

Thanks so much and congratulations to you! Love these photos, especially your toes shot and the story behind the rings, so beautiful! I've been taking a bit of an unplanned bloggy break too but I hope to be back to it soon. I'm determined to, once school holidays are over! :-)

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Buy Rebecca Doyle Photography art